Introduction: Every ribbon button in an entity is found at 3 locations :
- Homepage Grid
- Sub Grid
Note: you can check how to hide any ribbon button if it is on a form only , using java script at the following link
– To hide the ribbon button in any mode (Form,Homepage Grid,Sub Grid), you need to apply the following steps &lets say you that to hide the “assign” button in the homepage grid of the “contact” entity as the following screenshot shows.
- Go to the following directory “SDK\sdk\samplecode\cs\client\ribbon\exportribbonxml\exportedribbonxml”.
- open the following file “contactribbon.xml” and copy the ID of the button.
- Create a new Solution called ContactEntityOnly
- Add the Contact entity to the Solution
- Export the Solution and unzip it
- Open the exported “Customisation.xml” file in Visual Studio (or NotePad if you don’t have VS)
- Do a FIND on <RibbonDiffXml>
- Replace <CustomActions /> with the below:
-Note that the “location” attribute id the button we have got earlier.
- Save & Zip again.
- Import the solution, publish & refresh.